Friday, April 1, 2016

Emerald Emergent: an Emerald of Elegaia Adventure, Book 1

Title: Emerald Emergent

Author: James Aaron

Publishing Date: January 31st 2016

Pages/Format:110,E-book


*synopsis*
Emmie's mother never lets her forget that an 
obsession with ancient magic killed her father 
and left Emmie horribly scarred. 
When her best friend Bryte offers Emmie a chance

 to explore an ancient city, Emmie is torn between 
her father's sense of adventure and her mother's 
common sense. She also can't deny her fascination 
with bookish Bryte. Following her heart, Emmie will 
face her fears and discover secrets bound to change
 her life forever. . . once she chooses to stand up and fight. 


My Review

This story started out well and I was pretty interested from the get go I enjoyed Bryte and Emerald's characters,however as I started to get further into the book I wasn't as interested. The further I went into the story the more confusing it got I eventually got so lost I had to start re-reading again and again I  forced myself to finish it although I'm still not sure what exactly what was happening. Personally This book just wasn't for me,but that doesn't mean it isn't for somebody else.

Pro's -

-The Character's (I liked the back story's)

-The old world new world concept

Con's -

-Giant spiders.(seriously hate spiders so this was just a thing that made me want to stop reading)

-Confusing story line

-When the information about the island comes in it comes in one big burst making It hard to  comprehend and a bit of a brain boggle.
****I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a review***

would I recommend this book? not particularly 
will I read the next book in the series? probably not
rating- 2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment